Living La Viudez Loca

Thursday, June 9, 2016

"Incumbents" may be exposed to... say what?

From an ad that I saw in the Inglewood City Hall lobby for a Food Service Aide:
Work may require frequent standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 20 pounds.  Incumbents may be exposed to repetitive motion, sharp objects or utensils, hazardous chemicals and infectious diseases and a valid California Driver's License.
 I could be wrong about this, but I think they meant to include "a California Driver's License" as part of the first sentence rather than the second.  Also, I'm fairly sure the writer misused the word "incumbent" as well.  On the other hand, I guess that's better than a news article a few months back that discussed a female singer's rapping during a recent concert... except they spelled "rapping" with only one "p".
In related news, if anyone needs the services of a talented orthographer, I'm always available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating in this discussion!