Living La Viudez Loca

Saturday, July 2, 2016

The good, the bad, and the glasses

While the glasses I bought online probably wouldn't be ones I would buy in person at a brick and mortar, they aren't terrible. First, the negatives:
  1. Not only are they not metal frames, but the plastic doesn't appear to be all that durable. I could be wrong, but, then again, I wouldn't stress test them to find out.
  2. I don't like small frames as the tops and/or bottoms of the frames tend to get in the line of vision.  Also, anything in my line of vision that are above or below the frames aren't as sharp as objects viewed with the lenses and I find that annoying.
  3. Progressive lenses are going to take some getting used to and I'm not certain I want to.  I'll give it a few days try before making a decision though.  However, I'm currently strongly considering seeing if I can get different lenses put in.
  4. Looking at something while turning my head can be... interesting (as in "may you live in interesting times" type of interesting.)
Now, for the good:
  1. They're cheap.
  2. Polychromic lenses seem to work as advertised.
  3. They're cheap.
  4. They're better than having a pair of glasses that seem to be in constant danger of falling apart as long as I can get the lens issues worked out.
  5. They're cheap.
  6. They seem to function properly.
  7. I would ask "Did I mention that they're cheap", but that tends to be overused, so I won't.  Forget I even mentioned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating in this discussion!