Living La Viudez Loca

Monday, July 4, 2016

Blogged on the fourth of July... Random thoughts

1) I wonder what blogs would have looked like if they had them during the Revolutionary War?
2) Maybe it's just me, but fireworks aren't my thing.  I'd much prefer to witness a good thundershower myself.  Part of that may be that the latter are natural and a much rarer occurrence where I live.  Then again, being awakened/kept awake odd hours of the night might have something to do with it as well.
3) While I still like watermelon, it's not quite the treat it once was to me, either.  Maybe my tastes have changed, or that the old association of watermelon =  summer = vacation just doesn't work any more.
4) As for eating hot dogs... there's an activity I can get into.
5) I'm not starting to sound like Andy Rooney or Calvin Trillin, am I?
6) I'm trying to come up with a single Fourth of July memory that I and Lorena shared, but have been unable to do so.  Then again, I'm pretty much having trouble remembering anything that happened on this day for several years.  I suppose that growing accustomed to working most holidays tends to leave less room for memories on those days.

Finally, last but not least:
HAVE
A
HAPPY
FOURTH
OF
JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating in this discussion!